Some important stuff...
1. If you are having intimate waxing treatments, (Hollywood or Brazilian etc) you will need to be naked from the waist down – we have seen it all before; you can leave your shyness at home!
Please come in clean and fresh for your treatment, just like you would when you visit the doctor.
We provide flushable wipes for that little freshening up.
2. If possible, allow your hair to grow for four weeks before each of your first few appointments. We want to get all of your hairs on the Anagen (Growing) Stage AT THE SAME TIME. This is very important to see the best results after a period of time. Stay on this schedule until your waxing therapist advises you otherwise.
3. You must not use a sun bed, sauna or have any heat treatments in the three (3) days leading up to your appointment. Do not apply any body-lotion or body-oils on the day of your waxing appointment.
4. DO NOT shave, tweeze or use any hair removal creams between waxing appointments.This throws off your hair growth pattern, making it difficult to achieve the smooth skin you want.
5. Always gently exfoliate 24 hours before your waxing appointment.
6. It is recommended to schedule your next appointment before you leave your appointment.
Keeping on a schedule will help you to maintain smooth skin and greatly decrease the hair that grows back.
7. Please be honest with us if you have any of the following contraindications as we may not be able to wax you:
Impetigo, Psoriasis, Sty, Boils, Cold Sores, Conjunctivitis, Genital Warts, Shingles, Ringworm, Scabies, Lice, Haemophilia, Hypersensitivity, new Scar Tissue (in the area to be waxed), Sunburn/Chapping (in the area to be waxed), Electrolysis treatment (in the area to be waxed).
8. If you have Diabetes or Epilepsy, we will wax you only if your doctor says it's OK - in writing.
9. If you are using acne cream or steroid cream on the area to be waxed, or creams that contain Accutane or Roaccutane you must not be waxed because they thin the skin and you can easily tear during waxing. The same applies to creams like Retin-A, Renova and Differin. Please wait until 6 months has passed since you LAST used the cream.
10. We will not wax anyone who is under the age of 18 years.
11. Pregnancy - We know you want to look your best when you go to give birth but please be aware that while it is perfectly safe to have waxing done while you are pregnant, during the pregnancy, your skin may be more sensitive or itchy due to the hormonal changes in your body. While our techniques and wax products are known to be the best at providing a virtually pain-free waxing experience, you may experience more discomfort than usual when you are pregnant.
12. It's best not to wear tight clothing (e.g. skinny jeans etc) on the day of your appointment so as not to irritate the freshly waxed area/s.
Formerly Just Beauty Salon - © 2017 Naomi Hobbs - Sittingbourne - Kent